Every plant is handled with care from transporting to packaging and delivered with our own driver and van. It’s natural for living plants to show minor signs of stress after transit but if the damage is beyond minor blemishes, reach out to us within 30 days of receipt to receive a free replacement. We will require photos as proof of damage and to help us improve our packaging process.
TIP: Your plant can better recover from the journey if you gently pruning any foliage damaged during the shipping process (like bent stems, yellow leaves, etc). Removing damaged foliage gives your plant back energy for new, healthy growth.
Here are the scenarios of when we CAN process a replacement or refund:
1. In the unlikely case that your plant arrives severely damaged:
- This DOES NOT include plants that arrive with cosmetic wear and tear that the plants just naturally are susceptible to - for example: spilt leaves on a bird of paradise (delicate leaf plants), or rips in fiddle leaf figs.
- Severely damaged means when a plant comes with obvious and intense disfiguration such as a plant that was snapped in half or a plant that lost more than 30% of their leaves, or a plant that went through heat or cold damage.
2. In the unlikely case that your plant comes seriously flawed:
- This includes plants that comes with a obvious pest infestation such as big clusters of mealybugs, spider-mites, or other houseplant pests.
- This DOES NOT include plants that come with natural harmless organic creatures like millipedes or centipedes. Since these creatures are naturally existent in the soil that plant needs to grow, it is impossible to filter them out. Instead if you dislike the matter of fact, then you can contact us seeking advice on how to properly remove them.
However, here are some scenarios in which we CANNOT process a refund or replacement:
1. Cosmetic damages, plants are living things and they cannot be perfect so there is a chance that some wear and tears can happen during transit. And physical wear and tears are not a sign of an unhealthy plant. So if you receive a plant with some cosmetic bruises or scratch or teared leaves, we cannot refund or pick up your order because we've delivered a healthy plant. If you want a replacement or another plant, you will be charged a redelivery and labor fee of 30% of the plant(s) total. You may also bring it back to the shop yourself within 1 week in the original condition to swap out for another plant of the same value.
2. Your plant arrives in healthy condition but you don't like it upon arrival. If you want a replacement or another plant, you will be charged a redelivery and labor fee of 30% of the plant(s) total and our driver cannot come back to pick up your plants the same day. You may also bring it back to the shop yourself within 1 week in the original condition to swap out for another plant of the same value.
3. If you didn't receive your order or your full order, it is your responsibility to reach out to us within a week of your delivery date with your order information. If we are informed of your situation after the one week deadline then unfortunately there is nothing we can do in our power ie; sending out another copy of your order or refunding your order.
4. You received a notification that your order was delivered but you did not receive your order (and if you reach out to us the same day).
4A. If we have proof of delivery (ie; a picture or a signature): then there is nothing in our power we can do.
4B. If we cannot send a proof of delivery, we will send out another order but you will need to be present to intercept and sign the delivery.
5. You had re-potted the plant into your own pot.
Lastly we would like to clarify the point of this document, we believe in holding ourselves to high standards and delivering a healthy plant in exchange for your hard earned money. A healthy plant is one that, with or without cosmetic damages, has the ability to grow normally. Plants are living things and are perfectly imperfect as all life is. With the hard work and effort that we put in day to day, we do not and will not tolerate unreasonable negotiations.